- The main goal of the 10th APSA conference is to provide an opportunity for academics and professionals with a broadly sociological background and/or related fields of study to share in the presentation and exchange of ideas concerning theory and method;
- Since this conference is not only an academic gathering, the purpose is also to develop collaboration and cooperation among research institutions and academics, policy makers and professionals to contribute to the improvement of communities in the region;
- An important additional goal is to attract new scholars (including postgraduate students) in the Asia Pacific region to participate and contribute to the development and application of sociology as a discipline and as an orientation.
Theme of The Conference
The Conference theme is SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE: OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES FOR THE ASIA PACIFIC.
It suggests the increasing tendency in the sociological endeavour of linking social change with environmental concerns. Paper presenters are encouraged to think of this link between the social and the environmental, if and where possible.
(1) ETHNICITY AND SOCIAL COHESION
(2) CULTURE, TOURISM AND MANAGEMENT
(3) BORDERS, CITIZENSHIP AND IDENTITY
(4) MIGRATION, LABOR AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
(5) HISTORY, RELIGION, SPIRITUALITY AND NATION BUILDING
(6) SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNITY
(7) GENDER AND SOCIAL MOVEMENT
(8) CLIMATE CHANGE AND COMMUNITY
(9) HEALTH AND QUALITY OF LIFE
(10) INDIGENOUS PEOPLES AND ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE
(11) MEDIA, FILM AND GLOBALIZATION
(12) CITY AND THE URBAN CHALLENGE